Indeed, the announced big disruption they promised has not taken place yet. Will it eventually show up?
This is just one of several questions they ask in a very comprehensive report which focuses on the main changes and drivers in the finance services industry.
According to their view, 5 are the main predictions for Fintech in 2018.
1. Tech companies will launch their offensive in both B2C and B2B realms
2. Distributed ledgers and finance solutions will become mainstream although blockchain will face some competition
3. Data, data analytics and AI will be the big change-makers in finance services
4. The ICO boom will calm down but tokenization will spread to more established asset classes
5. The value of Bitcoin and other leading cryptocurrencies will remain volatile and unpredictable
Find out more here.