- The secret of entrepreneurship? Connecting the dots
A group of students is organizing an event to connect with other student entrepreneurs and make things happen.
- Oliver*: What’s next?
Some notes about the future of this blog.
- ECN Becomes Eurocrowd to Foster the Future of the Crowdfunding Industry in Europe
The European crowdfunding trade body changes visual identity to signal a new phase of the industry.
- Seedrs Make the Case for Sustainability To Celebrate the Earth Day
“The future is in our hands as investors look with increasing interest at companies with a positive impact.”
- The lesson of crowdfunding at times of crisis
There is despair, but also a desire to react and come together to look ahead.
- CMA blocked the merger between the two leaders in the British equity crowdfunding market
The watchdog said the combined company would have at least a 90% share of the market with the risk of higher fees and less innovation.
- Wefunder targets Europe
The pan-European rules allow an issuer to raise up to €5 million across all member states.
- UK Government To Rescue Tech Startups
The tech sector will be a major focus in the Budget.
- FCA To Shield Vulnerable Retail Investors
“We aim to deliver a consumer investment market that works well for the millions of people.”
- Where Is the European Crowdfunding Industry Heading?
ECN Crowdfunding Convention
- Regulation: FinTech, Mind the Gap
What the Global Covid-19 FinTech Regulatory Rapid Assessment Study tells us about fintech regulation in the pandemics
- Covid-19: Economic recovery? Relying on banks restricts growth opportunities
On top of traditional entrepreneurial finance channels, entrepreneurs have many other tools at their disposal.
- EU adopts a new set of rules to boost crowdfunding and protect investors
Member states are responsible for authorising and supervising crowdfunding providers.
- Crowdcube and Seedrs will merge. A new chapter for the private equity industry?
The new company name is still unknown
- So, I’ll present at the 4th European Alternative Finance Research Conference
- Francesca Passeri (ECN): “Crowdfunding, to foster economic growth in the post-pandemic world.”
But collaboration, education and research are pivotal to succeed.
- BrewDog goes green as it launches its last crowdfunding campaign
The company aims at raising £7.5 million for a sustainable future before going IPO.
- Pitching is about persuading others by telling a story. What’s in it?
To raise funds via crowdfunding or by other means, entrepreneurs have to tell stories. And this is much more effective than just show numbers, studies say.
- Crowdfunding, it appears, is still going strong
Backers are still eager to support their favorite projects or businesses.
- UK: Equity Crowdfunding in Chiaroscuro
The lack of disposable income casts shadows on the good performance of the industry in the first semester of the year.