- FCA To Shield Vulnerable Retail Investors
“We aim to deliver a consumer investment market that works well for the millions of people.”
- Where Is the European Crowdfunding Industry Heading?
ECN Crowdfunding Convention
- Regulation: FinTech, Mind the Gap
What the Global Covid-19 FinTech Regulatory Rapid Assessment Study tells us about fintech regulation in the pandemics
- Covid-19: Economic recovery? Relying on banks restricts growth opportunities
On top of traditional entrepreneurial finance channels, entrepreneurs have many other tools at their disposal.
- EU adopts a new set of rules to boost crowdfunding and protect investors
Member states are responsible for authorising and supervising crowdfunding providers.
- Crowdcube and Seedrs will merge. A new chapter for the private equity industry?
The new company name is still unknown
- So, I’ll present at the 4th European Alternative Finance Research Conference
- Francesca Passeri (ECN): “Crowdfunding, to foster economic growth in the post-pandemic world.”
But collaboration, education and research are pivotal to succeed.
- BrewDog goes green as it launches its last crowdfunding campaign
The company aims at raising £7.5 million for a sustainable future before going IPO.
- Pitching is about persuading others by telling a story. What’s in it?
To raise funds via crowdfunding or by other means, entrepreneurs have to tell stories. And this is much more effective than just show numbers, studies say.
- Crowdfunding, it appears, is still going strong
Backers are still eager to support their favorite projects or businesses.
- UK: Equity Crowdfunding in Chiaroscuro
The lack of disposable income casts shadows on the good performance of the industry in the first semester of the year.
- Crowdcube launches the Direct Community Offer to solve the lack of liquidity conundrum
The leading equity crowdfuning platform announced the launch of a new secondary product for later-stage companies.
- How Seedrs is trying to make equity crowdfunding a more liquid place
To attract more investors.
- EU: New rules to improve crowdinvestors protection
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) will have an enhanced role to facilitate coordination and cooperation.
- Future Activists
A study reveals that crowdfunding could encourage future activism in the field of sustainable entrepreneurship and thus help drive global change towards sustainability.
- Why we need to rethink capitalism after the Coronavirus pandemic
Gita Gopinath, Sharan Burrows, and Jennifer Morgan give some ideas about how the world can change in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. (Source: WEF)
- How Has the Equity Crowdfunding Performed in Q2 2020?
Equity crowdfunding UK market reported a steep decrease in Q2 2020 compared to the same period of 2019.
- M&A: Are Going Crowdcube and Seedrs to Merge?
Rumors of M&A between the two main equity crowdfunding platforms in the UK are growing. What will it mean for the industry?
- The Impact Of Social Distancing On Entrepreneurial Finance
The unique relational nature of entrepreneurial finance may make it highly susceptible to such a shock owing to the need for face-to-face interaction between investors and entrepreneurs.